Unless you are the happy-go-lucky sort, it is easy to get pulled down by the minutest of things. It can be something you read or saw or even an unpleasant encounter. I won’t call myself a pessimist but there are days where I find myself a tad bit cynical. Somewhere along your journey of life you will discover that there are things that are not worth these emotions and you just need to let go. Whenever I find myself in a bit of a funk I try to overcome them by doing things that lift me up. So here they are – I hope you find them useful in your journey.
- Ignorance is bliss – Truly. If there is something that you hear or see that has no relevance to your life and progress, Ignore it. It could be a close friend talking to another close friend about another close friend
- Play music that makes you smile – When I listen to my favorite tunes, I feel I can conquer almost anything. My go to song when I am trying to get rid of a bad mood is ‘Shake it off’ by Taylor Swift. Find your go to song and shake off the bad mood
- Snuggle with your Pet – If you do not have a pet, get one asap. There is no greater feeling than getting back home to the unconditional love of a pet. I have a beautiful Golden Retriever who is my everything – he is the definition of a stress buster
- Speak to someone who cares – I am lucky to have a husband who is my best friend – if I need an unfiltered opinion, I know I can count on him. It is never OK to go through something alone. Keeping things to yourself is such a weight on your chest. It is always good to confide in someone who cares about you.
- Laughter really is the best medicine – Whether it’s a re-run of friends, or reading a funny book, there’s nothing like good humor to lighten your mood
- Prayer – As a Christian, my biggest confidante is God. Personally, my faith has always brought me healing and comfort. So if something is way above your head and you feel you cannot deal with it – leave it to God.